Home Open Account Help 305 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP Peoria Subdivsion traffic

Date: 07/08/19 13:32
UP Peoria Subdivsion traffic
Author: railfaneric

Hello. I was wondering how many trains use Union Pacific's Peroia Subdivsion and what are their symbols are.

Date: 07/08/19 17:17
Re: UP Peoria Subdivsion traffic
Author: MEKoch

I think at this time there is really only one scheduled manifest train between Peoria & Clinton, IA.   Typically three times per week, but can operate more when traffic is hot.  

Then there are coal trains for power plants, and grain trains, but they are sporadic.  

UP is using the former GM&O line thru Joliet & Springfield for intermodal trains.  

It means the Peoria Sub is quiet most of the time.  With PSR I do not expect any big changes or an uptick in traffic.  

Date: 07/08/19 17:31
Author: sums007

Until recently, UP was running some trains on this sub to gain access to the BNSF Chillicothe Sub.  That's all done now, AFAIK.

Date: 07/08/19 19:10
Author: mexrail

Many years back the C&IM used to handle UP traffic from Peoria destined to St. Louis and beyond.  Cars would set out at Springfield for pu by UP Bloomington-A&S road train. No idea if this is still in effect.  Would guess that today traffic routes via Clinton to Proviso and south on ex GMO if in fact there is any traffic.  Given the cost of this route I  suspect UP has priced itself out of the market.  Anyone know?

Mexrail

Date: 07/08/19 19:52
Author: florida581

MCLPE (Clinton, IA - Peoria, IL) runs Su, Th.  
MPECL (Peoria, IA - Clinton, IL) runs Tu, Fr.

Andrew

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0295 seconds