Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Red meat for the base

Date: 07/13/19 14:56
Red meat for the base
Author: santafe199

Earlier today I posted a for-fun thread with a photo of a RR street crossing situation that was completely inert. I thought I had sufficiently explained the telephoto distortion, AND that the 4014 was just starting to move. But the ink wasn’t even dry before the thread was cannon-balled into the deep end. I ignorantly thought most TO viewers would realize that the police officer had judged it perfectly safe to use the crossing (it was) while keeping a wary eye on our meager railfan photo line. I was also torpedoed (4th time) for daring to post a thread on the WRONG damn forum.

Apparently TO’s soapbox base is currently being starved of its usual amount of red meat. So, since that earlier thread was such a dismal failure in the for-fun category I’ll go the OTHER way with this one. Here ya go, base! Two vehicles using a crossing which the 4014 is clearly less than a mile away from. That’s OK Jack, nobody will read this one either…
(count-down to Stan)

1. & 2. Back-to-back vehicles crossing the UP main line at Cottonwood St in North Bend, NE on July 12, 2019.

Bon Appetit!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/19 09:13 by santafe199.

Date: 07/13/19 16:08
Re: Red meat for the base
Author: funnelfan

Should have setup that photo line on the far side of the road!

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 07/13/19 16:19

funnelfan Wrote: > ... far side of the road ...

There WAS, but @ 12:06 PM the sun was very high and close to straight up & down the tracks. I wanted the background landmark elevator for US 30 scene ID anyway...

Lance/199

Date: 07/13/19 17:15
Author: Evan_Werkema

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Date: 07/13/19 17:51
Author: photobob

Lance, I didn't get to read this post but it looks like a dangerous situation to me I think you should have warned these drivers of an approaching train.

Robert Morris
Dunsmuir, CA
Robert Morris Photography

Date: 07/13/19 19:21
Author: ChrisCampi

photobob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lance, I didn't get to read this post but it looks
> like a dangerous situation to me I think you
> should have warned these drivers of an approaching
> train.

Yes, but before you do make sure your wearing all your PPE gear and post it in the Steam, passenger, Midwest, get a life forum. :-)

Date: 07/13/19 19:28
Author: kevink

Evan_Werkema Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Illegitimi non carborundum.

Wise words Evan!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/13/19 20:02

ChrisCampi Wrote: > ...  make sure your wearing all your PPE gear ...
Eeeeeyyeaahhhh........ like I'm gonna go out there on these 64 year old legs and impersonate an officer of the law, traffic or otherwise, Yeahhh-buddy... I'm gonna jump all over that opportunity ...

> ... and post it in the Steam, passenger, Midwest, get a life forum.
That sounds like a lot more fun, and I LOVE your creativity!   :^)

Lance/199

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0516 seconds