Home Open Account Help 285 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > 4014 Chase Part II

Date: 07/13/19 17:53
4014 Chase Part II
Author: twjurgens

We were able to leap frog the 4014 special while it was at the Columbus stop.  Despite the long conga line on Highway 30 caused by the pacers, we were able to get more shots at North Bend.

That conga line got a little dangerous with people (including at least one semi) trying to pass and make better time.  Risky business for all involved!

Date: 07/13/19 18:28
Re: 4014 Chase Part II
Author: hcrc

i dont mind if you pace the train once in awhile but when its all that you do its stupid.I was out there also.

Date: 07/13/19 18:49
Author: santafe199

twjurgens Wrote: > ...  conga line got a little dangerous ...

Tom is being very kind, here! It was A LOT dangerous! That cattle truck went roaring by, passing 8-10 or more cars the first time. Then we watched him(?) do it again. And a couple of large & local (I assume, by the tags) pick-em-up trucks were so aggressive they more than once forced opposing (westbound) drivers onto their own shoulders. Yahoo, buck-a-roo...

Willie W

Date: 07/13/19 19:15
Author: twjurgens

Please don't misread my words but I think that many of us (me included) forget that while we are enjoying our hobby, others are using those roads for work, to get to appointments, or other reasons.  Highway 30 is a busy 2 lane highway under normal conditions.  Add a BUNCH of railfans to the mix and problems can develop in a hurry.

hcrc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i dont mind if you pace the train once in awhile
> but when its all that you do its stupid.I was out
> there also.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/19 06:07 by twjurgens.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.044 seconds