Home Open Account Help 280 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Lucky Sunday...

Date: 07/14/19 07:00
Lucky Sunday...
Author: binder001

Got up this morning and had some time before getting ready for church so I checked the Amtrak site and saw that the eastbound California Zephyr was late (again).  By schedule Amtrak travels Nebraska in darkness, so even though they commonly run late in the summer, I went to trackside to watch and photograph.  Just as I arrived at the BNSF mainline (only about 3/4 mile down the street!) I saw the dispatcher had released an eastbound ethanol train that had been paused in the center siding at Waverly.  BNSF 7603 and 8839 were slowly rolling forward as Train 6 came roaring through town allowing for a passing meet.  The Zephyr has AMT 192 - 136 for power.  Luck provided me with the trains, the sunlight and good weather!

Gary B.
Waverly, NE

Date: 07/14/19 07:02
Re: Lucky Sunday...
Author: binder001

one additional shot showing the ethanol train accelerating east (on the "westbound" main.

Date: 07/14/19 07:38
Author: bmarti7

Very nice catch Gary - thanks for sharing. I think if I lived or worked there I'd never get anything else done. Have a blessed Sunday!

BB

Date: 07/14/19 07:40
Author: photobob

Perfect.

Robert Morris
Dunsmuir, CA
Robert Morris Photography

Date: 07/14/19 08:21
Author: King_Coal

Score! Very nice.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0361 seconds