Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > after the Big Boy

Date: 07/20/19 08:25
after the Big Boy
Author: santafe199

Some late-afternoon, incidental miscellaneous shots here. These were taken while ‘coming down’ from an all-day chase of Uncle Pete’s Big Boy. I guess a true railfan never passes up a decent shot no matter what the situation is…

1. Looking northeast (TT east) at the Coop elevator at Greenwood, NE. An interesting note about the elevator: I’ve shot this scene before, both with a train going by & without. But I was inspired to take this shot because of a pair of artists with what I can only describe as modern-day easels at work recording this ancient elevator. Before Tom, Ken & I left the area I caught sight of 2 guys with all attention concentrated on the elevator. They both had a tripod-mounted, tablet-looking apparatus and were clearly recording (shooting? painting? sketching?) the elevator. I wish I had been nosy enough to go over and investigate! Is there such a thing as a computerized easel? Nothing would surprise me now-a-days…

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/19 08:29 by santafe199.

Date: 07/20/19 08:27
Re: after the Big Boy
Author: santafe199

2. BNSF 291 at the point of an eastbound train parked at Wavery, NE. Red & Silver 765 is trailing.

3. BNSF 8485 on a westbound coal empty parked at N 98th St west of Waverly, NE.
(3 photos taken July 12, 2019 after pizza & such at Lansky’s in Omaha after an all-day date with UP 4-8-8-4 #4014 at various Nebraska locations)

Thanks for the company!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/19 08:32 by santafe199.

Date: 07/20/19 20:41
Re: after the Big Boy
Author: ATSFSuperChief

Great elevator shot and the trains. Guys with tablet could have been doing anything from photos, videos and/or digital mapping of structure. Depends on what you want to spend on programs.

Don Allender

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0346 seconds