Home Open Account Help 233 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP traffic on the Pleasant Valley branch, Wildcat and Trash train

Date: 07/21/19 07:06
UP traffic on the Pleasant Valley branch, Wildcat and Trash train
Author: CNW1989

How is the traffic around Soldier Summit and Helper nowadays?  Are there still coal trains to the various branches? The Wildcat mine is shut down? Is the Trash train to the Sunnyside branch still running out of Helper?
Operating days and times are highly appreciated!

Greetings

CNW1989

Date: 07/21/19 20:40
Re: UP traffic on the Pleasant Valley branch, Wildcat and Trash t
Author: donner_dude1

Since no else has commented I'll chime in.

Wildcat loadout is long gone. The 2 remaining loadouts On Soldier Summit are Skyline on the Pleasant Valley Sub and Savage Loadout east of Price. You may get 1 train a day from each. There's also occasional Export Coal trains from West Elk CO (North Fork Sub) heading West towards California and Mexico. Both the West Elk and Savage Trains will pick a midtrain helper from the Helper UT yard while the PV sub trains don't need helpers to head over Soldier Summit.

You'll also see a couple BNSF trackage rights trains, Amtrak 5/6 and the MOGHP which will bring the Dirty dirt loads to Helper. I can't tell you the train frequency of the MOGHP or the local that serves the Sunnyside Branch.

Sad (slow) days on Soldier Summit....

Date: 08/02/19 10:08
Re: UP traffic on the Pleasant Valley branch, Wildcat and Trash t
Author: CNW1989

thanks!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0274 seconds