Home Open Account Help 243 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Update on locomotive M & R at OERM (SCRM) 7/20/19

Date: 07/21/19 11:43
Update on locomotive M & R at OERM (SCRM) 7/20/19
Author: TomPlatten

!) Army Alco RSD(M)-1 # 1975 When fuel was added to the locomotive for the first time in years, it turms out the upper sight glass seeps fuel. So, we had Brice and helpers use our transfer pump to move fuel below the sight glass and into UP # 942.  Finding the correct gasket for the sight glass will be a challenge! We may have to make our own! Dave may have a source! BTW, #1975 used to derail on the Carbarn 4 lead at a certain spot. Since an adjustment was made on the axle end cap shims allowing a bit more lateral play, the locomotive  has had no further derailments!
2) UP # 942 is currently out of service until the A1 Suppression valve in the nose of the engine is returned from being overhauled. In the mean time, we have ordered new injectors for both prime movers! We should be able to install them starting next weekend.
3) I am including an additional picture of the SP #1006 as it looked by the end of the day on Saturday! Four coats of primer have been applied to date!

Date: 07/21/19 11:47
Re: Update on locomotive M & R at OERM (SCRM) 7/20/19
Author: JohnM

Tom, I am amazed by how much work you and your crew get done.   I’m assuming you’re always recruiting new helpers to keep the pace and scale going.  

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/19 11:50 by JohnM.

Date: 07/21/19 18:06
Author: Evan_Werkema

For those who might be wondering, I found an explanation of what an A1 Suppression Valve does on the SCRM Diesel Shop's Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/SCRMDIESEL/posts/diesel-service-updatewe-received-several-distributing-valves-back-from-overhaul-/400035267386027/

Evan W. - not a big fan of steak sauce, myself.

Date: 07/21/19 19:51

That is one of Dave's weekly Diesel reports. I use it to make my brief capsule of the weekend events. I have told Dave that gleening a short report from his information is exhausting! Thank you Evan!

Date: 07/21/19 21:25
Author: andrewamtrak

Yes, the Facebook Diesel page gets the whole report. Tom does a good job of condensing all of that down for Trainorders.

Posted from Android

Date: 07/21/19 21:34

I call them Dave's Whitepapers! He is very thorough!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0354 seconds