Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Last day of BM&LP still 8/26?

Date: 08/13/19 09:04
Last day of BM&LP still 8/26?
Author: highgreengraphics

Any info as to whether or not the last trip of Black Mesa & Lake Powell in Arizona is 8/26? That is a Monday, maybe seems odd, anybody have any other info? I guess they are working off a stockpile, it's possible they would go through that faster than estimated, anybody know for sure with current info? Also, would they likely be running that weekend? === === = === JLH

Date: 08/13/19 11:30
Re: Last day of BM&LP still 8/26?
Author: SD45X

They were running all three generators when we were there. Usually one every other time I’ve been there.

Date: 08/13/19 12:05
Author: Lackawanna484

The Glen Canyon dam at Page AZ is also generating a substantial amount of hydro power.  Even though the Colorado River level has dropped in recent years.

Bureau of Reclamation site:  https://www.usbr.gov/uc/rm/crsp/gc/

Date: 08/13/19 15:08
Author: fbe

A friend of mine down there now has talked to people on the ground and 08/26 is still the date.

Chamber of Commerce told me last month water in lake Powell is up 50' this year due to heavier snow and strong Spring rains.

Date: 08/13/19 16:42
Author: monaddave

fbe Wrote:
<<A friend of mine down there now has talked to people on the ground and 08/26 is still the date.>>

This same friend also said they were going to make an effort to have the last remaining/ working orginal BM&LP motor, the 6006 in the lead.
Dave in Missoula

Date: 08/13/19 18:16
Author: F7sForever

When I saw that it was out, I had fantasy hopes....

Date: 08/13/19 20:01
Author: highgreengraphics

Great, that is what I was hoping to hear! I'd help them wash the white one! === === = === JLH

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0371 seconds