Home Open Account Help 240 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Silver Solarium 7/3/18 near Tunnel #1/Coal Creek Canyon and at 93

Date: 09/01/19 15:38
Silver Solarium 7/3/18 near Tunnel #1/Coal Creek Canyon and at 93
Author: dtoeppen

Music is from a 60 year old LP. Copyright is probably expired. Youboob didn't flag it for copyright claim when I uploaded it there. So I think we're safe. I have better stuff, but I can't use it here.

I took my mom out for a drive in the foothills late afternoon of July 3, 2018. We wound up driving all the way to the top of Flagstaff St and around the reservoir. When we crossed the tracks at Crescent, I noticed what appeared to be tail of Silver Solarium, headed east. So we raced down to the D&RGW bridge at the mouth of Coal Creek Canyon and waited for the train. My mom spotted it before I did. I sort of wish I'd used a longer lens.

I wanted to catch it on the Big Ten Curve, but didn't drive fast enough. I had to settle for a shot of it from the Hwy 93 overpass, just south of Rocky Flats.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/19 16:15 by dtoeppen.

Date: 09/01/19 16:12
Re: Silver Solarium 7/3/18 near Tunnel #1/Coal Creek Canyon and a
Author: dtoeppen

Oops...forgot to attach the video. Here it is.

Drat...my wave to the engineer cost me the second shot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/19 16:49 by dtoeppen.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0272 seconds