Home Open Account Help 362 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > side by side for saturday

Date: 09/07/19 07:01
side by side for saturday
Author: goneon66

the location is downtown kingman, az on the bnsf's seligman sub.  the first train is an e/b stack train of international/marine containers is moving up the hill on main #1 (the steeper grade).  moments later, an e/b stack train of domestic containers appears moving up the hill on main #2...........

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/07/19 07:35
Re: side by side for saturday
Author: Bob3985

Great video. Welcome to "Stack World".

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 09/07/19 09:39
Author: Ritzville

A cool video in Hot Kingman. The last time I was in Kingman, BNSF was still blowing their horns.

Larry

Date: 09/07/19 11:43
Author: CPR_4000

Tried to find this location on the satellite photo. Is the second train crossing Topeka St? Why do the mains loop away from each other like that, was there a yard in between them at one time?

Date: 09/07/19 12:09

that is correct as the 2nd train is crossing topeka st. and i am just e/of the crossing.

the 2nd train is on main #2 which separates from main #1 at e/griffith (approx. 8 miles w/of downtown kingman).  after the separation, main #2 takes an easier grade up thorough kingman canyon, joins back together with main #1 in downtown kingman, and then separates from again from main #1 in the video.

both main #1 and #2 come back together at the top of the hill just e/of downtown kingman.

usually, e/b's take the easier grade on main #2 BUT if the train has the h.p. to pull the grade on main #1, the dispatcher will move e/b's on main #1 too ...........

Date: 09/07/19 19:13
Author: SP4360

Nice video 66.

Date: 09/08/19 01:44
Author: cinder

Great timing.  Which eastbound got the priority at the top?

Date: 09/08/19 06:57

thanks for the comments.

the domestic stacks had stopped just e/of griffith on main #2 for some reason and the dispatcher sent the international stacks up main #1. 

i THINK that the international stacks ran around the domestic stacks up at berry..........

Date: 09/08/19 23:50
Author: cookdb3

It was so great to see two trains passed Kingman (Amtrak) Station and you were there in right time, so I got it same as yours in three years ago and I was on platform to take videoing of  two trains coming in within half minute. I am letting you know that I am coming to Phonenix for Christmas with my brother and his family, so I am hoping that I would like to see you for friendly chat in somewhere in Kingman. Thank you for your great sharing!

Regards,

Barry Cook
Yass NSW Australia.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0492 seconds