Home Open Account Help 181 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A trip around Arizona

Date: 09/09/19 20:09
A trip around Arizona
Author: wpamtk

A trip around Arizona last week included photography of a few shortline operations: 
1-A visit to the Port of Tucson found one of their GP30s and their ultra-rare GP28 tied up.
2-The San Pedro Valley's pair of GP30s were parked in Benson for the weekend. Something in the bushes (a javellina perhaps?) seemed to be stalking me, but I escaped intact.
3-I was in luck to be passing through Holbrook and finding a pair of Apache Ry. Alcos switching the BNSF interchange.
More to follow...

Date: 09/09/19 20:17
Re: A trip around Arizona

4-A visit to the Arizona Central in Clarkdale was hampered by bad light and a lack of good photo angles, but here's their pair of Fs departing with the Verde Canyon tourist train.
5-Three of their freight units tied down near the depot with a cut of cars from the nearby large cement plant.
6-Finally, last Saturday the Grand Canyon Ry. ran steam. 2-8-0 #29 is on the point in Williams, while ex-SP&S #539 sits on static display.

Date: 09/09/19 21:17
Author: miralomarail

You did very well catching Shortlines in Arizona 

Date: 09/10/19 11:14

Here's a photo of the ex-Southwestern unit in the Arizona Central freight consistat Clarkdale.

Date: 09/10/19 11:35
Author: Railfan4Christ

Great stuff, glad you could tour our wonderful state. Thanks for sharing.

Tom

Date: 09/10/19 12:35

Thanks, we had a great time. I got some mainline action as well, but since I mainly shoot film, my digital pictures are usually limited to stationary or slow-moving subjects. Here's an exception: a going shot at Winona with the San Francisco Peaks in the distance.

Date: 09/13/19 16:07
Author: ns1000

Thanks for the pics...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0314 seconds