Home Open Account Help 246 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A day in the Kansas Flint Hills

Date: 09/10/19 22:05
A day in the Kansas Flint Hills
Author: lilwes

I spent yesterday morning at a place I call Middle Aikens on the Marysville Cutoff a few miles TT east of Onega, KS.  I t is where a industrial siding goes up to the Jeffery Energy Center.  As you can see it is a great place to watch trains or nothing at all.  Ivied seen coal trains stall on this hill.  All of these were taken with a 4x5 view camera using Illford Delta 100 film.  Had a great time using it and learning how to use it.
Thanks for looking, Wes

Wes Chiles
Topeka, KS

Date: 09/11/19 09:29
Re: A day in the Kansas Flint Hills
Author: texchief1

Nice shots!  Where are you at MP wise.  Is that the OGEX coal train?

Thanks.

Randy Lundgren
Elgin, TX

Date: 09/11/19 10:27
Author: bmarti7

Nice shots of the beloved Flint Hills.

BB

Date: 09/11/19 22:02
Author: wag216

Randy= The OG&E trains are on the BNSF via Lincoln to Kansas City to Emporia. wag216

Date: 09/12/19 08:42

wag 216,

Thanks, RT.

I used to shoot it at Matfield Green with mix BNSF red and silver and UP yellow.  I always liked seeing that train.  I saw it a lot at Emporia at night at the dept.  I wonder if the empty runs through Newton?

Randy Lundgren
Elgin, TX

Date: 09/12/19 09:17

Wag 216.

I meant to spell Art instead pf RT.  Sorry.  How do the OGEX go fro Lincoln to KC.  Did they get on UP part of the way through Hiawatha?

Thanks.

Randy Lundgren
Elgin, TX

Date: 09/12/19 16:16
Author: mg8711

UP still has an OGEX train, but the OGEX train you’re referring to, which goes to Red Rock, Oklahoma runs an all BNSF routing, via St Joe.
mg8711

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0463 seconds