Home Open Account Help 342 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Friday the 13th was a good day

Date: 09/14/19 13:57
Friday the 13th was a good day
Author: ns2557

Had a great day out and about with the Mrs taking shots today. Are objective was the Egyptian GE unit at the interchange for the DOT Test Center in Avondale Co east of Pueblo. We did succeed in that venture. But there were a few others that were worthy of our camera lenses this day. Here are 3 for ya'll.

Shot 1. After witnessing our first running of one of BNSF's monster double coal empties we spotted this NB H-BELDEN at Bragdon Co waiting for a crew. BNSF 605 is the leader with a Ferromex SD70ACe, the 4093 2nd out. Do not see many FXE EMD's anymore here in the area, more GE's from FXE.

Shot 2.  This one has not been here very long and I have no idea who bought it. An ex ICG Caboose, lettered  JFSX 519. It now sits along US50 on the EB side of Hwy at Baxter Colo. The local Loaf and Jug Conveinence Store sits directly across the side street from it's location.

Shot 3. In all my years I have never seen let alone been able to get a train working the industries located in the Pueblo Colo Airpark industrial area. (My name for the area). But this day we found BNSF SD40-2 1920 still in BN Green working one of the industries back here. This is the Rocky Ford Local as I found out and it may or may not be headed among other locations, out to pick up the Egyptian Unit at Avondale after doing there work here.

Thanks for looking. We did have a fantastic day regardless of the date.  Ya'll be well, take care.  Ben

Date: 09/14/19 14:40
Re: Friday the 13th was a good day
Author: 3rdswitch

A good day for sure. Amazingly, that train with the FXE and heavy duty flat just passed Palmer Lake two hours ago? They should call the H trains the Rodney Dangerfield trains, no respect!
JB

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0339 seconds