Home Open Account Help 249 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Havelock Shops Employee Open House

Date: 09/15/19 15:24
Havelock Shops Employee Open House
Author: twjurgens

Fellow TO member scotty was a long time employee of the CB&Q, BN, and finally BNSF at the car shops in Havelock, NE.  BNSF had an employee open house yesterday and each employee/retiree was allowed to bring a guest.  This year, it was me!

Scott gave me a thoroughly enjoyable tour showing me the places he worked during his years there.  

The first two shots are of signs at the shop admin building and the 3rd is of BNSF 8440 that they had on display.

(more)

Date: 09/15/19 15:26
Re: Havelock Shops Employee Open House
Author: twjurgens

I don't recall which building it was but we replica Cyrus K Holliday tucked away against a wall.  We don't know anything about the history or what the plans are for it.  Maybe some of you do?

They had fabricated a model of an SD 70 on a golf cart chassis that they were hauling visitors through some of the buildings with.

Date: 09/15/19 23:15
Author: hotrail

The 8900 is the coolest thing we have seen on here in a long time.
Someone put a lot of fine work into that.

Date: 09/16/19 07:29
Author: bmarti7

Thanks Tom for taking us along this tour. The shops look a lot cleaner than my remembrance of the Topeka Shops when we went inside some sixty years ago.

BB

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0306 seconds