Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A local kind of day on the old SFP&P

Date: 11/07/19 12:01
A local kind of day on the old SFP&P
Author: arizonaBNSF

I got word that the BNSF M-PHXMAT local that interchanges with the Arizona & California just recently got a new set of power on it: an SD60M and two SD70MACs so I knew I had to go catch. That, plus the O-35 job that switches the Ennis branch is running with two leased FURX GP38-2s. With camera in hand, I went trackside on the SFP&P Peavine (BNSF Phoenix sub) to try and catch those trains. Managed to catch up with the EB local as it was finishing up setting out centerbeams at Lizard Acres and then headed out to Ennis to catch up with the O35. It was a successful morning!

1. Glint shot of the M-PHXMAT approaching 163rd Ave. on the outskirts of Surprise.
2 & 3. BNSF 8900 and 9710 trail. BNSF 9710 is one of the last units delivered to BN before the merger.

Date: 11/07/19 12:04
Re: A local kind of day on the old SFP&P
Author: arizonaBNSF

4. After throwing back the switch at Ennis Jct. in El Mirage, the O-35 heads southwest to go switch out its customers.
5. The O-35 approaching Cactus Rd. Behind the train is the switch to Crescent Crown (a beer distributor) and a switch to the new industry in the left side background of the photo. Behind me a few hundred feet is the switch leading to Iris, a company that takes in plastic pellets and produces storage containers. The Ennis branch continues to get busier by the day and with more industries under contruction, this trend is only going to continue. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/19 12:06 by arizonaBNSF.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0461 seconds