Home Open Account Help 324 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Belen NM yard near intermodal crane looks like new construction?

Date: 11/07/19 09:12
Belen NM yard near intermodal crane looks like new construction?
Author: gmojim

In past few weeks looks like the area along side the intermodal crane and auto rack ramp has been cleared. Noticed lights in the area much brighter. Today  looks like a stack of panel track there. Anyone have info on what is planned with this area?

gmojim

Date: 11/07/19 09:51
Re: Belen NM yard near intermodal crane looks like new constructi
Author: 3rdswitch

I wouldn't be surprised as BNSF, and Santa Fe, regularly ran, runs, turns from Belen to Albuquerque with both auto, UPS and other hot intermodal traffic from Albuquerque set outs at Belen destined Albuquerque. SEEMS like rubber tire would be faster?
JB

Date: 11/07/19 10:35
Author: gmojim

3rdswitch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wouldn't be surprised as BNSF, and Santa Fe,
> regularly ran, runs, turns from Belen to
> Albuquerque with both auto, UPS and other hot
> intermodal traffic from Albuquerque set outs at
> Belen destined Albuquerque. SEEMS like rubber tire
> would be faster?
> JB
-------------------------------------------------------------

This is exactly what I thought when I saw them working on this area. That crane is only used to change out loads from bad order railcars.

gmojim

Date: 11/08/19 01:11
Author: Hookdragkick

I heard the TOFC at Hadleys will go away. It all has to do with increasing the current infrastructure to accommodate bigger trains all the way to Jarales on the East end. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0329 seconds