Home Open Account Help 266 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF on the Arizona & California at Rice, CA

Date: 11/07/19 12:37
BNSF on the Arizona & California at Rice, CA
Author: GreenFlag

This was a case of "being in the right place at the right time" as I caught what I presume is the daily westbound Arizona & California train near Rice, CA with BNSF power? I didn't even know that the line had reopened across the Colorado River at Parker. These were taken on October 15th. I had made a quick stop off the road at Rice when traveling back to Northern AZ after following the 4014 earlier in the day as far as Indio. Saw the headlight as soon as got back on-the-road. There was around a 10mph slow order on the main through the yard at Rice so I was easily able to get ahead of the train for second view(third shot). The train appeared to be built backwards with all of the empty spine cars on the head end and a lengthy train behind. 

Date: 11/07/19 12:40
Re: BNSF on the Arizona & California at Rice, CA

Here's a shot of the train heading off to the west to Cadiz going much slower than the speed limit on lightly used Hwy 62. 
Rice really is in the middle of nowhere. Here are a few photos taken before the train showed up. There is still a wye there. This is where the line to Blythe used to come off, now gone. 

Date: 11/07/19 12:42

Here's a couple of extra photos at Rice of where people's old shoes go, on the remnants of an old, long gone gas station. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/19 12:46 by GreenFlag.

Date: 11/07/19 13:35
Author: exhaustED

Nice shots, and that's very unusual. The spine cars are probably an actual BNSF train returning to LA from Phoenix... maybe they took the opportunity to attach the ARZC train to it as well... 

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/19 13:47 by exhaustED.

Date: 11/07/19 13:39
Author: bmarti7

Nice catch!

BB

Date: 11/07/19 20:20
Author: SantaFeRuss

Looks like a loooooong train. Wonder  how many cars/platforms it was?

SantaFeRuss

Date: 11/08/19 06:11
Author: bobk

Nice shots!

Date: 11/08/19 07:47
Author: callum_out

While not a trend yet A&C has been adding crews to handle things like this and the unit grain train. This type
of train is a pain as the crew has to be deadheaded to Castle to pick it up. Nice shots and so far, rare.

Out

Date: 11/08/19 07:56
Author: The-late-EMD

All those lite empty spine cars on the headend. Can you say string line?

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.055 seconds