Home Open Account Help 267 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Still no catenary poles at Bayshore station in San Francisco

Date: 11/07/19 14:37
Still no catenary poles at Bayshore station in San Francisco
Author: AlcoRSD15

Although the catenary poles are already in at San Bruno (in preparation for electrification of the San Francisco Peninsula Caltrain line), they haven't yet been installed at Bayshore station along Tunnel Avenue. So get your photos now!  Nice light on the nose in the morning this time of year, and 15 trains between 7:45 and 9:30 am! (weekdays)  I took these photos on October 21.  FYI, although it appears that I was standing on the tracks, for the second and third photos I was on the platform behind a locked gate.  The spur to Golden State Lumber crosses the platform at that point.
- Eric Blasko

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/19 14:45 by AlcoRSD15.

Date: 11/07/19 14:39
Re: Still no catenary poles at Bayshore station in San Francisco

One more photo from that morning. A southbound is pulling up to a stop, as a northbound express blows by.
- E. B.

Date: 11/07/19 14:43

A bonus that morning was the UP Local from South San Francisco coming up to pick up cars from Golden State Lumber along Tunnel Avenue, at about 9:30.  GP60 1088 arrives in the first photo.  In the second photo, the gate is open and 1088 is about to cross the platform.  Third photo, 1088 is returning with two empty lumber cars.  This operation occurs on an as-needed basis.  Sometimes the UP Local will pass through north on its way to the SF Bay RR yard along Cargo Way. If it does, it usually comes by between 9:30 and 10:00 am, returning south about an hour later.
- Eric B.

Date: 11/07/19 14:44

1088 waits for a commuter train to pass before heading back onto the main line.
- E.B.

Date: 11/07/19 15:34
Author: mojaveflyer

Wow, a very nice series Eric! It sure has changed from  when I grew up in the Bay Area....

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 11/07/19 17:46
Author: PHall

There's a section on the CalTrain website that shows the current status of all the construction/maintenance projects going on.

Date: 11/07/19 18:41
Author: TonyJ

Makes me sad when I remember how Bayshoire used to be. On the other hand a four-track mainline now with more trains ain't all that bad.

Date: 11/08/19 06:13
Author: bobk

Nice series!

Date: 11/08/19 06:22
Author: Railbaron

I notice on the nose of the 900, and the 909, there is what appears to be a small yellow placard - what does it say? 

Date: 11/08/19 07:03
Re: Bayshore
Author: timz

"2 (bicycle symbol) cars"

Date: 11/08/19 07:13
Author: Railbaron

timz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "2 (bicycle symbol) cars"

Thank you.

Date: 11/08/19 16:03
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0449 seconds