Home Open Account Help 305 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > OS Kent 1

Date: 11/09/19 11:03
OS Kent 1
Author: TAW

Spent a few hours in Kent WA shooting video. As can be seen in the first two clips, the park extends right to the edge of the ballast on the west side. The BNSF profiles show no property through here. There is a fence on the east side, so sunny morning shots are better in the next block south, where there are places that are effectively public and not blocking the sidewalk.
For a break without missing any action, there's Wild Wheat Bakery, Cafe, and Restaurant, adjacent to the Gowe Street crossing https://wildwheatbakery.com/menu/.

The following two videos are the traffic between 0725 and 1215, all passenger except one oil train and a work train that I missed while in the cafe.

TAW

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 11/09/19 11:15
Re: OS Kent 2

The rest of the morning's traffic.

TAW

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/19 11:20 by TAW.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 11/11/19 07:51
Author: RRTom

Been awhile since I was actively working on BNSF/SoundTransit, so I have a few questions:
1. What did SoundTransit do with their original Bombardier cab cars now that they have the slant-nosed cars?
2. What is the status of adding a 3rd track in Kent?
3. What are the current plans, if any, for the Auburn yard?
Thanks
Tom

Date: 11/11/19 17:43
Author: MP555

RRTom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 1. What did SoundTransit do with their original
> Bombardier cab cars now that they have the
> slant-nosed cars?

Placed behind the newer cab cars.

Date: 11/11/19 17:58

RRTom Wrote:

> 2. What is the status of adding a 3rd track in
> Kent?

As I understood (not in the loop any more), it would be required for additional trains. The ST-3 plan is not clear about the plan for additional trains. They plan to lengthen station platforms to accommodate three more cars - 10 car trains. The question has been rendered moot by the tax-revolt initiative passage that has decimated transportation funding, including Sound Transit.

> 3. What are the current plans, if any, for the
> Auburn yard?

I'm out of that loop too, but have heard nothing about any use other than the current stashing of trains that have nowhere to go.

TAW

Date: 11/11/19 17:59
Author: goneon66

great videos.  thanks for the effort to post them.

oh, feel free to post many more videos of those sounders with the F59's leading..............

Date: 11/11/19 18:08
Author: MP555

TAW Wrote:
> RRTom Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------

> > 3. What are the current plans, if any, for the
> > Auburn yard?
>
> I'm out of that loop too, but have heard nothing
> about any use other than the current stashing of
> trains that have nowhere to go.

Not sure about any Auburn Yard happenings, but there is a plan to build a 10-track staging yard off Main 1 where the golf course was, a few miles south of Pacific.

Date: 11/15/19 13:07
Re: OS Kent 1
Author: Amtrak784

Cool videos, but I was a little confused at 1st about the train numbers.  I'm not used to seeing the train clip 1st then its Number & time afterwords.  Those Sounder Cab Cars have weird sounding horns, but I kinda like the look.

Date: 11/15/19 13:30
Re: OS Kent 1

Amtrak784 Wrote:
> Cool videos, but I was a little confused at 1st
> about the train numbers.

Goes along with the title. When an operator reported a train, he first watched the train by checking for engine number and signals displayed, markers displayed, and the mechanical inspection then went to the dispatcher phone and said...

OS Kent

TAW

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0446 seconds