Home Open Account Help 396 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Snow at the Tehachapi Depot

Date: 11/27/19 11:18
Snow at the Tehachapi Depot
Author: Harlock

This morning woke up to a winter wonderland.   Ventured out to the post office and snapped this on the way back.   Even more scheduled for tomorrow.  The grandkids are thrilled - one of them played in their first snow this morning.

Mike Massee
Tehachapi, CA
Photography, Railroading and more..

Date: 11/27/19 11:37
Re: Snow at the Tehachapi Depot
Author: cozephyr

Wonderful to see Snow at the Tehachapi Depot.  Wishing you and the family a peaceful Thanksgiving-!

Date: 11/27/19 12:16
Author: mapboy

Harlock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ..  The grandkids are thrilled - one of
> them played in their first snow this morning.

When my brother moved to Wisconsin from SoCal, the first morning it snowed my nephew came rushing into their bedroom to announce, "Look outside and see what happened to the ground!!!!"

mapboy

Date: 11/27/19 14:14
Author: DocJones

Wonderful shot Mike. Will I see you at the FOTD Christmas party? 

Have fun, be safe,
Bruce "Doc" Jones  Sierra Madre CA

Date: 11/27/19 14:52
Author: jdw3460

Beautiful shot, Mike.  Brings back memories.............I lived in Tehachapi 1968--74.  I am so glad someone restored the old depot and made it useful.
Joe Watts
Blissfield, MI

Date: 11/27/19 16:32
Author: czuleget

Joe that's a new Depot the original one burned down.

Date: 11/27/19 18:20
Author: rdb3

A beautiful picture, but I've often wondered about the trainorder signals at the old depot.  Technically they're both in the "pick up orders" position, but have all references to signals such as these been removed from the governing rulebooks, or could a hoghead who's having a bad day call the dispatcher to ask where his orders are?  My apologies if this sounds like a dumbass question, but I fondly remember when orders were frequently hung at Mojave just down the road a bit.

Date: 11/27/19 19:23
Author: tviano

Great pic! Use that as your Christmas card photo!

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0485 seconds