Home Open Account Help 325 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Show Me the Trains!

Date: 12/02/19 21:02
Show Me the Trains!
Author: ATSF5669

We made the annual trek from Tulsa to Branson to photograph a pastor's retreat.  There are a number of ways to drive there, all of them beautiful.  But the MOST beautiful (Mrs. Palmer would jokingly disagree) is the backroads that parallel the BNSF's Cherokee Sub.  We make a deal to keep the trip peacable...and her civil :) . We stop to shoot trains, and we stop at the thrift stores to paw through someone else's ex-treasures.  Fair deal for both of us.  Monday's are maintenance days so there wasn't much to see train wise, but the two we intercepted were enjoyable anyway.  My thrift store treasure, which I didn't buy, was an honest-to-goodness UTU vest that was in remarkably good condition considering it's age.

Date: 12/02/19 21:21
Re: Show Me the Trains!
Author: upbuddyboy

Good compromise...good results

Date: 12/02/19 21:23
Author: upbuddyboy

for my wife it's quilt shops and I get antsy if we have to wait very long for a train I think is coming

Date: 12/03/19 06:41
Author: bmarti7

Great post!. That first shot looks like Neosho, second Monet.. Most of my wife's relatives reside in SW Missouri.

BB

Date: 12/03/19 09:44
Author: SP8595

Great pair!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.032 seconds