Home Open Account Help 382 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > I love a good Chase / Race in the Morning

Date: 01/05/20 09:18
I love a good Chase / Race in the Morning
Author: rrartist

Early this morning I received a tip from a good friend that CP 689 was coming my way with the CP 7027 leading, so armed with ATCS and my trusty Canon T6i I planted myself at the Amtrak depot and waited. The train rolled past at almost 0730, not the best light, but considering what I was shooting, did it matter? As you will see, it did not. That showroom shine was glistening on the CP 7027 at Dakota MN and I tried my first "roll the passenger window down and shoot" shot as the we rolled through Donehower MN. My son always said I should try this and I think it worked quite well or I just got lucky!

Date: 01/05/20 09:24
Re: I love a good Chase / Race in the Morning

I was happy it was overcast as these images all would have been severely back-lit as the train traversed the "S" curves near Homer MN. Once I hit Minnesota City the snow started to fly, so here is where I decided to head south back to La Crosse.

Date: 01/05/20 09:31

It's nice catching these CP rebuilds (ex CP 9110) when they are new and fresh! I photographed the UP yard engine resting next to the UP yard office on the east side of Winona, UP 1543. Thanks for riding along!

Date: 01/05/20 12:47
Author: Ritzville

Nice chase of a great looking CP unit. I bet you could smell the new paint, lol.

Larry

Date: 01/05/20 15:33
Author: texchief1

Excellent shots, Jim?  I s that a SD70ACe?

Tanks,

Randy Lundgren

Date: 01/06/20 06:35
Author: ATSF5669

Your rolling chronology of traffic along this line is fascinating.  It's entertaining to search your posts for the previous years and watch the progression of trains, power, paint schemes and corporations.  Keep the pics coming!

Jerry

Date: 01/06/20 08:53
Author: KickingHorse

texchief1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is that a SD70ACe?
>

SD70ACu rebuilt from an SD9043MAC

Date: 01/06/20 16:29
Author: ns1000

CP 7027 looks sharp...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0511 seconds