Home Open Account Help 300 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > railroad that runs from Sherman TX to greenvile TX

Date: 01/12/20 17:33
railroad that runs from Sherman TX to greenvile TX
Author: steamboat

was up in NE TeXes to vi set my daughter for Christmas and when i left i drove back to Fla. what RR runs thew Sherman and what RR runs thew greenville there were stored pig flats in greenville on a bridge i went under. it must have been a siding as thay would not block the mainline or would thay thanks in advance .

Date: 01/12/20 18:56
Re: railroad that runs from Sherman TX to greenvile TX
Author: tomstp

Greenville is the KCS.  Sherman is the remnants of the T&P which would now be UP.  The MKT used to run from Denison to Greenville and then down to Dallas but was  abandoned.

Date: 01/12/20 19:09
Author: JasonCNW

I dont know the area but doing a google search i found a 2015 Texas state railroad map and found the following lines. In Sherman there is a BNSF line along with the DGNO railroad and Texas Northeastern railroad.

At Greenville is a KCS mainline also with a DGNO line and a small shortline the Blacklands Railroad.

JC

Posted from Android

Date: 01/12/20 19:47
Author: WrongWayMurphy

Blacklands RR, Greenville to Mt Vernon (Ex Cotton Belt) has been storing a lot of cars lately as their
on-line business has dried up.  Not sure what bridge you were on but this sounds plausible.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.024 seconds