Home Open Account Help 400 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > U. P. Peoria Sub Locals

Date: 01/14/20 08:25
U. P. Peoria Sub Locals
Author: jayb61

i want to guess there are 3 locals that operate out of peoria il:

first operates peoria to clinton ia monday,wednesday,friday and operates in reverse tuesday thursday and saturday. 
second operates monday wednesday friday to the chicagoland area. recieving terminal unknown and operates
in reverse tuesday thursday saturday.
third local operates peoria to east st louis monday wednesday friday and operates in reverse tuesday thursday saturday. 

since i am showing no service on sunday i want to guess there is 1 or 2 crews on call for any service needed on any
all of these 3 routes

Date: 01/14/20 08:53
Re: U. P. Peoria Sub Locals
Author: robj

Not being picky PIA  but might get better response on Western board.  I'd be interested in answer also.

Bob

Date: 01/14/20 09:41
Author: MEKoch

Peoria Rails on the Io. groups has daily reports of all Peoria activity.

Date: 01/14/20 10:06
Author: florida581

•intermodal
IG3LB Global 3, IL - Long Beach ICTF, CA daily
*note: runs the Peoria Sub from Nelson to Edelstein.

•manifest
MCLPE Clinton, IL - Peoria, IL Mo, Th
MPECL Peoria, IL - Clinton, IL Tu, Fr

•local
LPD01 Peoria, IL local Mo, Tu, Th, Fr.  Works Sommer, South Pekin, Crescent, Pioneer, and East Peoria.

Andrew

Date: 01/14/20 10:43
Author: mexrail

I recall that in the past the UP moved south traffic from Peoria to St. Louis and beyond using haulage rights on C&IM.  C&IM delivered traffic to UP at Springfield.

Mexrail

Date: 01/14/20 11:22
Author: Bob3985

Using Professor Peabody's Wayback machine We used to switch between Peoria and Bureau Junction.
From the north there were occasional interchange cars at Bureau off the mainline. Then at Henry there was B F Goodrich Plastic plant and W R Grace Fertilizer plant, 
Next we might have some ATSF interchange cars for Chillicothe. And then was Mossville and the large Caterpillar plant.
Finally on the north side of Peoria was Peoria paper where we would spot boxcars of newsprint for delivery to the papers.
Then it was on into Peoria yard and put the power away.
Switch jobs worked all the local peripheral industries.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/20 11:23 by Bob3985.

Date: 01/14/20 14:19
Author: pdt

Slightly OT, but i last railfanned Peoria back when it was the cool regional/shortline captial of the world....TPW, CIM, IT, PPU, with CNW being the only "big " rr...thats if IIRC.

So who runs into Peoria now?   CIM is now G&W?  IT is part of NS...if not abandoned?  TPW??  PPU??    I'll check out the Peoria railfanning groups  page..but sometimes its all  conversation about movements, between locals who already know what's what locally....

Date: 01/14/20 14:51
Author: robj

Canadian National, Iowa Interstate. TPW in its various forms, Union Pacific, BNSF and the shortline Keokuk Junction.

NS grain trains also, forget how they get there.

Bob

pdt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Slightly OT, but i last railfanned Peoria back
> when it was the cool regional/shortline captial of
> the world....TPW, CIM, IT, PPU, with CNW being the
> only "big " rr...thats if IIRC.
>
> So who runs into Peoria now?   CIM is now G&W? 
> IT is part of NS...if not abandoned?  TPW?? 
> PPU??    I'll check out the Peoria railfanning
> groups  page..but sometimes its all 
> conversation about movements, between locals who
> already know what's what locally....

Date: 01/14/20 17:39
Author: kbmiflyer

NS runs almost every day from Decatur to East Peoria via Bloomington on their own trackage (former Wabash (Dectur to Gibson City) and Nickle Plate (Gibson City to East Peoria).

Peoria has UP, BNSF, CN, NS, IAIS, TPW, along with Keokuck Juncion and terminal railroad PPU.  Four Class I's and a variety of shortlines, not many cities in the country can boast such variety.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0504 seconds