Home Open Account Help 357 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Boxcars at Matfield!

Date: 02/12/20 07:48
Boxcars at Matfield!
Author: santafe199

This is a stray image I ran through the P-shop carwash way back when. I ended up posting a slightly different image out of the sequence it came from. So I tossed this one down into my “time being” file. It came up for air the other day and I noticed the boxcars. It’s getting to the point where I consider catching any string of boxcars in a given manifest to be quite an achievement. So…

1. Official sunset is less than 30” away as BNSF 3960 leads a westbound manifest at the west siding switch at Matfield Green, KS. It’s 5:55 PM on November 8, 2015.

Here’s a compositional afterthought: It’s not very often a photographer can place a headlight & engine nose dead center in a field of view, and get away with it… ;^)

Thanks for looking!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/20 07:50 by santafe199.

Date: 02/12/20 10:51
Re: Boxcars at Matfield!
Author: texchief1

Nice shot, Lance!  I guess the siding will be main 1 later on?

Randy Lundgren

Date: 02/12/20 12:06
Author: santafe199

texchief1 Wrote: > ... the siding will be main 1 later on?

That's what it sounds like. I've heard they have started on some dirt work between Ellinor & Gladstone...

Lance

Date: 02/12/20 12:18
Author: LocoPilot750

On Facebook the other day there was a drone shot of dirt work and machines at the 177 overpass between Matfield and Cassoday.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.04 seconds