Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Ozark selling former IPH Equipment

Date: 02/12/20 08:25
Ozark selling former IPH Equipment
Author: KM-ML4000

Watching the Ozark web site, I have noticed that both of the remaining Mt Hood Railroad locomotives have disappeared from the listings. If these were sold and are going to leave the property, it leaves the Mt Hood with no motive power!

Also noted on the Steam board, former SP 1744, which is currently in "kit" form has also been sold.

Date: 02/12/20 11:52
Re: Ozark selling former IPH Equipment
Author: asheldrake

workking on getting the local newspaper, Hood River News, some information on what is happening in their community.....any ideas on how they will continue to move their freight traffic out of Odell???    Arlen

Date: 02/12/20 14:27
Author: dan

it ceased operating?  think under receivership  Alamosa is getting service

Date: 02/12/20 15:09
Author: KM-ML4000

No, they are still operating as far as I know.

Date: 02/12/20 18:49
Author: ORNHOO

After reading this thread, I drove down to the MHRR yard to check. Geep #88 (reporting marks SDCX) was parked on the tail tracks at their maintenance facility.

Date: 02/13/20 11:15
Author: ORNHOO

(reporting marks
> SDCX)

AMAX chemical corporation?

Date: 02/17/20 10:21
Author: SunPacCorp

I too have been watching the Ozak's website. The mill in O'Dell will have to start trucking the lumber out.

Date: 02/18/20 14:02
Author: SunPacCorp

I just got an update from an ODOT official and he said that the Mt. Hood Railroad is still operating three to four times a week. What power they're using, I couldn't tell you.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0453 seconds