Home Open Account Help 307 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > 4x2x1 stacks in peach springs (2 videos)

Date: 02/20/20 11:09
4x2x1 stacks in peach springs (2 videos)
Author: goneon66

i caught this HUGE 4x2x1 stack train this morning at the hackberry rd. crossing and again at the curve leading into the w/end of crozier canyon but the videos were too long to post here on t/o's. 

i then drove e/b ahead of the train where i saw this same huge beast at w/peach springs.  this is the 1st of 2 videos of this train. 

in this first video, the train is exiting a canyon going through w/peach springs.  the train then makes a stop due to PTC issues with the mid-train dpu's almost in front of me.  

this worked out good so that i could take 2 videos of the train without any editing.

continued.........

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 02/20/20 11:22
Re: 4x2x1 stacks in peach springs (2 videos)

video #2:  in this video the train recovers their PTC and starts to pull again starting with the mid-dpu's. 

the scenery from truxton through peach springs and into seligman is my favorite along rt. 66..........

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 02/20/20 13:50
Author: Ritzville

Nice videos of a very LONG train. Glad to see one EMD unit in the power mix

Larry

Date: 02/20/20 17:19
Author: Hookdragkick

See my elk I smoked at Peach? Probably not, but great video lol. I love hearing EMDs in the mix, it breaks up the normalcy. I seen your train today, early morning for sure. About two hours ago, watched another WB 12k zoom by. The last motor at the rear is a Crean n Green MAC--that motor roared by and sounded like a damn Star Wars TIE Fighter shaggin' ass through the galaxy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/20 17:25 by Hookdragkick.

Date: 02/20/20 17:27

i remember almost smoking an elk going w/b just before cherokee.  the hogger killed the headlight, hit the horn, and the elk bailed just in time. 

there used to see a LOT of antelope in the area of cherokee too.

ah man, i missed that 12K with the mac.  yea, a mac in run 8 lugging loads up a hill sounds great..........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/20 17:30 by goneon66.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0331 seconds