Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Grain Train at Sunset in Central Nebraska

Date: 03/19/20 10:32
BNSF Grain Train at Sunset in Central Nebraska
Author: barstowRRmuseum

Thanks to Galesburg Railroad Days in Illinois, this scene was taken in June 2011 during my annual trek to the its train show. The sky was heavily overcast and the sun was soon to set. While stopped at the grade crossing watching the grain train passing by, I noticed the colors and grabbed the camera hoping to catch a shot before the train cleared the crossing. Click, click, and I had it, I think! The results were fantastic and was filed in the Artsy-Deco File. In studying the shot before posting it. I wondered if I had used a color filter because the colors are so constant. Not so. So maybe it was the exposure as automatically set by the Nikon. I'm not complaining. Anyway, thanks Galesburg Guys and Mother Nature. It was much better than, "If I knew you were coming I would have baked a cake."
Robert C. Del Grosso, Kingman, Ariz.

On another note - The Barstow Railroad Museum has closed until further notice due to the risk of the corona virus..

Date: 03/19/20 10:42
Re: BNSF Grain Train at Sunset in Central Nebraska
Author: mojaveflyer

Great shot! Sometimes a grab shot works better than something you plan sit and plan for awhile. 

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 03/19/20 10:46
Author: callum_out

Killer shot and an allegory, the UP sailing off into the setting sun.

Out 

Date: 03/20/20 07:24
Author: zoohogger

That is absolutely a perfect vision of the moment. Living in Nebraska I can tell you this is what you would have seen without the camera.  Well done.

Rick z

Date: 03/21/20 17:06
Author: ns1000

NIICE..!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0296 seconds