Home Open Account Help 334 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > CNW Heritage on the Colo Joint Line again today

Date: 03/25/20 17:27
CNW Heritage on the Colo Joint Line again today
Author: msns2557

Well, I finally got the drop on ns2557 today. Before he could tell me about it, I found out. Talked him into heading over to the Pueblo area to perhaps catch the CNW Heritage Unit leading the daily MNYPU south today. We got to Pueblo and not seeing anything we went north. Found some MoW along the way at Fountain Co that had Main 2 thru here occupied, so everything was going NB on Main 1. We caught BNSF 9321 at North Kelker and duly recorded some pixels on that one, then proceeded north to Colo Springs, as I had word that it was in town on the siding there.  And here is what we found.

My first shot shows it out in front of the station at COS. The local power sits off to the right along with the DRGW Painted "Shoving Platform" that is also used on the UP Springs Local. St Marys Cathedral is off to the right behind the 1359.

Second shot is taken from Colorado Street and shows the local power again along with the UP 1995. That's Bijou Street Bridge in the background. 

Light was great this afternoon so were the temps.  After getting home we started hearing rumors of the State of Colorado issuing a mandatory Shelter in Place order effective at 0600 on 26 March 2020. We shall see how this all plays out.  Hope everyone remains safe and as always, be careful out there.  Take care all, be well.  Kristie

Date: 03/25/20 18:41
Re: CNW Heritage on the Colo Joint Line again today
Author: bobk

Nice shots!

Date: 03/25/20 20:24
Author: Sterk

Nice shots of the C&NW heritage unit! I'm glad that RG "Shoving Platform" is still around.

Date: 03/26/20 07:06
Author: SCKP187

Really nice catch.  Nice to see RioGrande and C&NW in the mix.
Brian Stevens

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0408 seconds