Home Open Account Help 392 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A little something different on the NWP Schellville Hauler

Date: 03/25/20 23:39
A little something different on the NWP Schellville Hauler
Author: weather

The SMART Contractor is beginning work on the extension of the commuter rail on the legacy NWP mainline from Santa Rosa north to Windsor. The first load of concrete ties from Washington were switched into the siding at Windsor siding late last night. Approximately 50 loads of ties on bulk head flats will come in over the next few months. The 80 foot stick rail which well be welded in place will come later this summer.  First image is the NWP #2009 at the Highway 37 crossing. 2nd image shows the ties tucked in by the feed and grain cars. Last shot is the train coming off the the 1914 swing span at Black Point.  Text and Photos by Mike Pechner Copyright 2020 "All Rights Reserved."

Date: 03/26/20 03:39
Re: A little something different on the NWP Schellville Hauler
Author: pdt

Did NWP buy anither (ex-UP) genset, or just borrowing it?   Looks like one from the pile of them that went to the sierra RR

Date: 03/26/20 10:59
Author: Ritzville

On that shot at Hwy 37, I remember when that second little crossing had a wig-wag back in the 1970's.

Larry

Date: 03/26/20 12:04
Author: hawker95

Just the one former UP Genset; 2611.

Date: 03/26/20 22:26
Author: weather

I  sure do Larry.

Date: 03/28/20 06:59
Author: SteveD

Thanks  Mike for continuing to document the modern evolution of my summer'65 employer--always appreciated(especially since I can't get up there from current Monterey Peninsula home).

Steve Donaldson
Pacific Grove, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/20 07:03 by SteveD.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0432 seconds