Home Open Account Help 294 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Light power moves over Donner question

Date: 03/26/20 11:42
Light power moves over Donner question
Author: Copy19

I caught a westbound light power move early this morning on the Truckee webcam.  Since BoilingMan recently posted a drone move of one of these it brings up the question of how common this practice is. Does the eastbound traffic routinely end up with extra units accumulating in Sparks?

JB - Omaha

Date: 03/26/20 15:00
Re: Light power moves over Donner question
Author: TCnR

Don't know why, a few days after BoilingMan's sighting there was a similar, or maybe the same, power move of more than six light engines north through Dunsmuir.

I would think it has something to do with Hinkle being closed, but I don't have that kind of source info.

Date: 03/26/20 15:53
Author: portlander

Yes.

Sierra dpus are run on the MRVOG, MRVSP and often the MFRNP. Other underpowered trains as needed. They return as light power moves or added to other westbound trains, most often the MOGRV.

Date: 03/26/20 17:39
Author: BoilingMan

The DPU pool locomotives don't get much (well...  any, I guess) cosmetic love.  What would be cool would be a truly captive pool- think Milwaukee F's in Tacoma and BN's F's on Marias Pass back in the day.  Then give those locomotives a "Donner Tunnels Friendly" color scheme.  That would be fun.
SR

Date: 03/26/20 21:24
Author: PHall

BoilingMan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The DPU pool locomotives don't get much (well... 
> any, I guess) cosmetic love.  What would be cool
> would be a truly captive pool- think Milwaukee F's
> in Tacoma and BN's F's on Marias Pass back in the
> day.  Then give those locomotives a "Donner
> Tunnels Friendly" color scheme.  That would be
> fun.
> SR

Donner Tunnels Friendly = SP Black Widow?

Date: 03/26/20 21:36
Author: BoilingMan

That’d do, yes.
SR

Date: 03/26/20 23:04
Author: EricSP

The colors other than black are futile. Just paint them like Athearn undecorated models.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0758 seconds