Home Open Account Help 245 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Rock and Rail in Pueblo

Date: 04/06/20 09:58
Rock and Rail in Pueblo
Author: ns2557

Had to go to Pueblo yesterday and we went by the yards over there. Saw this sitting by the yard office on the UP side. Not only 1 but 2 Rock & Rail rock trains headed west in the early am hours this am for loading at the quarry in Parkdale Co. I can only recall a few times since the Rock & Rails beginning that they ran 2 rock trains daily. That would have been in 2000-2002 or so and at that time once a week perhaps and not every week. But last fall whe I chatted with some of the guys at RRRR here in town they had mentioned that they were going to be loading up to perhaps 3 per day, well this may be the start. And BNSF ran a Ballast Train this past Thursday. Just caught the head end passing thru town and didn't get to see the entire train, but BNSF Ballast Cars on it.  Might get a little interesting the next few months on this end of the TP Main, Time will tell. But here is a shot yesterday early evening of both trains waiting for their crews to head west. UP 8495 on left and UP 8754 on right. The first one has already made it's trip west for loading and went back east this am around the 0700 hour. And I thought I had heard the other or perhaps just another move in town involving the Royal Gorge Train just within the last hour or so.  We did, just so all concerned understand, practice our SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES in this endeavour. So please no comments on that.  Ya'll be safe and be well. Ben

Date: 04/06/20 10:21
Re: Rock and Rail in Pueblo
Author: DRGW5502

I wish 1989 would get this assigment.  Thanks for sharing.

Date: 04/06/20 17:09
Rock and Rail Unit Train on Joint Line
Author: cozephyr

Rare catch; UP 8495, SD70ACe, led southbound unit empty Rock & Rail (reporting marks RRRR) gondola train on the Joint Line 5 April 2020 near Sedalia, Colorado.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/20 17:11 by cozephyr.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0306 seconds