Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP California Canyon Sub Question/"Canyon Crawler"

Date: 04/08/20 16:44
UP California Canyon Sub Question/"Canyon Crawler"
Author: Zephyr

Haven't seen the UP Canyon Sub local, nicknamed "Canyon Crawler", for about a week.  Anybody know what's going on?  Annulled until further notice due to Quincy Sierra Pacific mill shut down?
TIA for any information!

Pete
Clio, California

Date: 04/08/20 16:49
Re: UP California Canyon Sub Question/"Canyon Crawler"
Author: PHall

Does it handle any other traffic?

Date: 04/08/20 17:00

No other revenue traffic, other than the occasional car(s) going to the Army Depot at Herlong, California or cuts of storage cars for Portola Yard or sidings east of Portola.

Date: 04/08/20 18:53
Author: icancmp193

Have not heard of any S-P Quincy shutdown, BUT allegedly the third Covid-19 case in Plumas County was an Indian Valley resident that worked at the mill. Haven't seen a log truck for quite some time, and there are normally dozens, if not hundreds, headed there each day. And as an FYI, Plumas County has just issued today a much more restrictive travel policy, which can be viewed at plumasnews.com. New rules re: visits, second homes, vacation rentals, etc. I'm not Constitutional expert, so I won't debate the enforceability.

TJY

Date: 04/08/20 19:31
Author: trainjunkie

Same here Tom. I can see Hwy 70 from the front porch and no log trucks the last couple of days. I am seeing finished lumber heading down though and I saw them loading center beams at the mill a couple days ago.

Date: 04/09/20 15:37
Author: ble692

Don't normally follow it or know if it missed some runs, but there is an eastbound Crawler heading up the Canyon right now. It was past Quincy Jct at 15:23. Looks like there also was an eastbound on the 7th and a westbound on the 8th.

Date: 04/09/20 21:28
Author: NorCalSU_Conductor

I was on the CSKPF9 06 Westbound out of Portola on the 8th at 230 am.  Passing Spring Garden the Crawler was tied down with seven? empty centerbeams.  At Quincy Jct there were seven loads at the interchange FWIW.

Date: 04/10/20 08:03

Thanks for the information.  Sounds like the "Crawler" might be turning somewhere short of Portola these days if they don't have any work at Portola.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0344 seconds