Home Open Account Help 168 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Question for Christina

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 05/22/20 09:24
Question for Christina
Author: tomstp

With the greatly reduced amount of traffic, do you know how many trains a day the UP is averaging on the Sunset Rt.?

Date: 05/22/20 09:44
Re: Question for Christina
Author: SouthWestRailCams

Hello There,

I will pull the numbers this afternoon and post them with the month averages for this year so far.  I will get a table and graph put together from Jan 01, 2020 - May 21, 2020 with monthly averages.  I used to post here the numbers a few times a month, but someone here had to say it was "Taking up space" and "Posting something to post".  However, since it was asked, I will get the information this evening.  :)

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ
https://SouthWestRailCams.com

Date: 05/22/20 10:08
Author: Rmosele

No matter WHAT you post here, someone is gonig to complain or diss it!

Date: 05/22/20 10:44
Author: Railbaron

I cannot believe somebody would complain about those train counts you used to post - I personally found them extremely interesting. Unfortunately, as has been pointed out previously, somebody will complain about anything posted here. I guess it's just too complicated to bypass posts that a person isn't interested in. I personally hope you'll start posting that information again, especially since it was so interesting comparing BNSF and UP traffic levels and much more relevant than a lot of other drivel posted here. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/20 11:58 by Railbaron.

Date: 05/22/20 10:56
Author: Owl_Spotter

Agree on nonsense of folks not wanting to hear health of train counts, keep posting Christina.

Date: 05/22/20 11:50
Author: Chipp21

Enjoyed your train counts. Please resume posting.
                                   John G

Date: 05/22/20 11:54
Author: SP8100

Christina,

I too am interested in the train counts that you post.  It gives the railfan and the railroader an appreciation of how much traffic is being moved nationwide as to what the GDP would be for a given quarter..

I know that Larry (Ritzville) now gives a train count on his posts which I like seeing on how many trains move thru his backyard which is the sub I am closest to in Cheney.

SP8100

Date: 05/22/20 11:57
Author: gobbl3gook

I'm always interested in train counts!

And, since material here is archived (hopefully) for forever, someone 5, 10 or 50 years in the future will probably appreciate train counts, too.  Even if they're not able to do a time travel and thank you now, they'll still appreciate anyone's efforts from their perch in the future.  

My $0.02
Ted in UT

Date: 05/22/20 12:44
Author: zaltwsp7

I was always interested in your train graphs!
I especially liked the train graphs that included the BNSF Lakeside Subdivision in Washington State.

I couldn't have said it any better then someone already has above, someone will always complain about something.

If they didn't like the graphs or about it taking space then maybe they should not look at it and take the time to post their worthless negative comments. Now that's a waste of space!!!

Keep up the good work Christina!

-Andy

Date: 05/22/20 14:51
Author: callum_out

I was extremely dissatisfied with your graphs, not once did you graph the traffic through Bullhead City!

Out 

Date: 05/22/20 16:35
Author: texchief1

Christina,

I was just getting ready to ask you when you were going to post some rain counts.  Thans for doing this.

Randy Lundgren
Elgin, TX

Date: 05/22/20 17:00
Author: zaltwsp7

callum_out Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was extremely dissatisfied with your graphs, not
> once did you graph the traffic through Bullhead
> City!
>
> Out 

Or thru The Bahamas
-Andy

Date: 05/22/20 18:17
Author: Ritzville

Thank you Christina for all the work you do on train counts, much appreciated!

Larry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/20 09:06 by Ritzville.

Date: 05/22/20 18:54
Author: RailRat

For it has been written:
"Lift up thy Table and Graph, (instead of Staff!) Stretch it out so the people of TO can see!"

But seriously, They are just jealous, or short lived trollers, that exist in any online mediums now days, just ignore those comments, if they see you have stopped posting, then they feel victory, and they move along to spread thier rotten personal misery elsewhere!

Love your video logs, plus now, after all this, I would like to see UP vs BNSF activity through Riverside, Calif if possible or Thruogh Inland Empire?

Keep it up!, don't let a miserable person kill what you like doing, just keep it up and ignore that crap!

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Date: 05/23/20 08:15
Author: ntharalson

Railbaron Wrote:
> I cannot believe somebody would complain about
> those train counts you used to post - I personally
> found them extremely interesting. Unfortunately,
> as has been pointed out previously, somebody will
> complain about anything posted here. I guess it's
> just too complicated to bypass posts that a person
> isn't interested in. I personally hope you'll
> start posting that information again, especially
> since it was so interesting comparing BNSF and UP
> traffic levels and much more relevant than a lot
> of other drivel posted here. 

Completely agree with this and am looking forward to the renewed postings.  And thanks for the ones you did which were very informative.  

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Date: 05/23/20 08:35
Author: goneon66

Christina,

you post great info and videos.  your efforts are much appreciated...........

Date: 05/23/20 09:57
Author: SouthWestRailCams

Thanks Everyone and I will get the counts posted here this evening.  We had a monitoring site go down in Yuma yesterday and we are trying to resolve.

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ
https://SouthWestRailCams.com

Date: 05/23/20 17:17
Author: heatermason

You can't please all the people all the time and some people you can't please any of the time, but most of the time people have been picking up static electricity elsewhere and you have the misfortune to be closest when the charge is too big to hold.

Keep up the counts!  The positives usually trump the negatives.

Timothy

Date: 05/24/20 15:11
Author: pbouzide

+1 on your train counts and Florida's train symbols and anyone else who posts factual info about operations here.

Thank you all.

Date: 05/24/20 15:13
Author: pbouzide

pbouzide Wrote:
> +1 on your train counts and Florida's train
> symbols and anyone else who posts factual info
> about operations here.
>
> Thank you all.

And not to forget Larry's Ritzville Report.

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1018 seconds