Home Open Account Help 319 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Doing the Local do-si-do

Date: 07/07/20 18:21
Doing the Local do-si-do
Author: Roadrailer

Tuesday morning I got myself out of the house early enough to follow the BNSF Byron Turn from Pasco to Richland, WA. Since the end of March I have been working at home and hearing them in the distance, but haven't chased them as Previously, at least once a week. 

The BNSF crew departed Pasco at 0630, arrived at the UP Kalan Industrial Lead, by traversing the BNSF Yakima Sub, at 0655. At 0720 they transitioned to the Port of Benton/ Hanford Southern Connection. While they continued their slow trek north, I went ahead to look for the Union Pacific LID52 which would be heading south on the same line. 

Just before 0800, the UP crew arrives at the south-facing switch to Lamb Weston. Here is where the Video starts as the UP crew shoves into the spur allowing the BNSF to pass. 

The Local Do-Si-Do is done in about 7-1/2 minutes at which time I need to go home to actually have a productive day. 

Thanks for looking,
Richard in Richland. 

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/07/20 18:46
Re: Doing the Local do-si-do
Author: northridgeswitcher

Great Video.

Thank you for sharing.

Northridge Switcher

Date: 07/07/20 18:52
Author: randalerickson

Really nice video.Do you have any more of this area? Would love to see them. Thanks!

Randal Erickson

Tigard, Oregon 

Date: 07/07/20 19:26
Author: Ritzville

Thanks for an enjoyable video Richard! I saw an NP Heritage Hopper roll by on the BNSF train.

Larry

Date: 07/07/20 23:45
Author: pbouzide

Thanks for posting, fun to watch, fun to see the NP Heritage Hopper.

Date: 07/08/20 07:41
Author: ntharalson

Nice video, thanks for positng.  

You have here a great example of why UP is painting the reporting marks on their cars higher.  And it looked like at least once car in each train had the graffitti 
painted out.  

Good catch on the unrenumbered GP60.  UP seems to be very slow in getting them out of the 2000 series.  

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Date: 07/08/20 22:19
Author: Roadrailer

Thanks for the comments. Yes I have some other videos from around the Tri-Cities. I will post them soon.

randalerickson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Really nice video.Do you have any more of this
> area? Would love to see them. Thanks!
>
> Randal Erickson
>
> Tigard, Oregon 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0418 seconds