Home Open Account Help 272 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Izaak Walton July Trip

Date: 07/30/20 07:02
Izaak Walton July Trip
Author: jayman

Two weeks ago I went up to my favorite place Montana to visit family and friends. July 15-16 I stayed at my favorite place the Izaak Walton Inn, from 12PM-12PM my train count was 25 in 24hrs I got 17 in 24hrs on my last trip to the Inn. It was good to see traffic pick up again, here are some my shots.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/20 07:27 by jayman.

Date: 07/30/20 07:07
Re: Izaak Walton July Trip

A WB lengthy 2x1 HNTWPAS comes off the pass with some cars I have never seen before, can anyone tell me what these cars are?
It was a WB parade during the afternoon. Another WB a 2x2 Oil can comes off the pass haven't seen too many of these.

Date: 07/30/20 07:10

A Pasco to Minot manifest charges up the pass meeting a work train doing summer maintence on the pass as well as snowshed 12 work

Date: 07/30/20 07:15

A 2x1 X train charging up the grade.
A short Pasco to Shelby manifest whizzing by the Inn in a perfect meet with the Empire Bulider 7.

Date: 07/30/20 07:19

The WB EB departing Essex giving friendly toot toots to me and a group of people standing on the bridge. A bunch of intermodal trains passed through during the night.
A WB 2x2 grain load with a CB&Q Heritage Hopper passing by as I enjoy delicious huckleberry pancakes.

Date: 07/30/20 07:23

The catch of the trip, a loaded EB 7 unit no DPU autorack with a SD40-2 trailling only the first 3 and 7th unit were online too bad the SD40-2 was DIT. I was also told there is only 15 operating SD40-2 left on BNSF as of 2020. Good to see the auto business pick back up.
That is it for today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/20 07:25 by jayman.

Date: 07/30/20 10:01
Author: upbuddyboy

Very nice...makes one feels like he’s been there👍

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/30/20 11:40
Author: bmarti7

Nice bunch of shots!. Regarding the oil cans, they are still running the Bakken crude to Anacortes, WA  regularly as there are no piplines west out of the Bakken fields in ND.

Bismarck Bill

Date: 07/30/20 11:59
Author: Topfuel

Good to hear that they are open with everything going on. 

That Empire Builder was quite a long train.  I wonder if a bunch of those cars were deadheading to storage?  Or, is that train actually doing well ridership-wise.

Date: 07/30/20 13:16

Topfuel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good to hear that they are open with everything
> going on. 
>
> That Empire Builder was quite a long train.  I
> wonder if a bunch of those cars were deadheading
> to storage?  Or, is that train actually doing
> well ridership-wise.
Thank you everyone, the EB 8 had the same consist setup think it is summertime rider despite COVID going on.

Date: 07/30/20 16:12
Author: SPB

How was business at the Inn?  I hope business is good for them.  A great place to visit and stay.

Gerry

Date: 07/30/20 16:20

SPB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How was business at the Inn?  I hope business is
> good for them.  A great place to visit and stay.
>
> Gerry

It was very busy, the Inn is has been my #1 place to visit.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0634 seconds