Home Open Account Help 240 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Utah questions

Date: 07/30/20 22:24
Utah questions
Author: pennsy3750

Hey all --

How's the traffic level on the former DRGW in Utah these days?  Anything besides Amtrak moving reliably in daylight?

How about the branch that goes through the Moab area?  I thought I heard it was down to one day/week?

thanks

Date: 08/01/20 05:39
Re: Utah questions
Author: atsf121

Morning Pennsy,

You will definitely have some time on your hands between trains on the old DRGW between Provo and Grand Junction. The only for sure trains you will have are the 2 Zephyrs, and there is usually a BNSF train each direction each day. The only UP manifest is a train from Helper to Salt Lake, but I don’t think it runs every day. There are still some coal trains running, but nothing like there used to be.

I would search the board for the Cane Creek branch schedule, believe it runs on Sunday’s now out of Grand Jct.

Utah Railway is gone from Soldier Summit, but you can see it hauling locals north from Provo, I saw it the other morning on my bike ride.

Nathan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/01/20 09:29
Re: Utah questions
Author: callum_out

No UP through trains between Grand Junction and Helper, the North Yard to Grand Junction runs West one day and East
the next. The clean up train on the Cane Creek is still running and of course the Montrose down on Tuesday and back on
Wednesday.

Out 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0339 seconds