Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Tehachapi MOW/Tie replacement

Date: 07/31/20 15:06
Tehachapi MOW/Tie replacement
Author: Curt

Was hoping to plan a short trip to Tehachapi, but in watching the webcams it looks like there is a lot MOW and tie replacement going on.  I was hoping to get the most bang for my buck, in terms of daylight traffic, and was wondering if anyone had any insight into how long the process may take?  Any info is much appreciated!

Date: 07/31/20 16:00
Re: Tehachapi MOW/Tie replacement
Author: callum_out

I have't checked in a while, but it's been a couple hotshots in the morning and then whatever can be worked around until after 4 when it opens
up again. There's still a couple of sections of single track that need replacement which will kill traffic other than a few hotshots.

Out 

Date: 07/31/20 20:03
Author: BeaumontHill

Tehachapi has always been a night railroad. Mid afternoon till dark usually will provide a good fleet of NB's. I normally work the Cameron to Mojave side in the PM and pick them off.

Date: 08/01/20 07:14
Author: Curt

Thanks for the responses, but I was hoping to get some thoughts on the current MOW activity, and the scope of the work to be completed.  I've been going there for over 50 years, and know the traffic-patterns, etc.  But, again, appreciate your input.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0516 seconds