Home Open Account Help 267 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP Tempe derailment

Date: 08/01/20 09:21
UP Tempe derailment
Author: atsfer

Are there any updates on the bridge derailment and fire like what exactly happened to cause it all?

Date: 08/01/20 09:26
Re: UP Tempe derailment
Author: stevelv

Date: 08/01/20 10:00
Author: BAB

Glad to see the cops and FBI are there doing due dilgance looking at something they have little idea of.  From first pix looked like the wooden structure was where things went wrong. But halting everything for how long is a big problem to UP.

Date: 08/01/20 19:25
Author: jtbrandt

Date: 08/02/20 09:54
Author: EMDSW-1

Sounds unusual that the City of Tempe and the Fire Department were responsible for dropping the brige.... I'm sure UP would contract that out themselves.

Dick Samuels

Date: 08/02/20 13:10
Author: dwb909

Don't have Facebook, but a friend of mine that does states the someone cleaning up the derailment says that propane tanks were placed on the bridge and when the train hit them they exploded causing the bridge to catch fire so far alcross yet not tank cars around. Also said it was the night of a protest. Haven't heard anything on the news but would sure like to find out. Of course also said place is crawling with feds.

Posted from Android

Date: 08/02/20 14:02
Author: jtbrandt

dwb909 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't have Facebook, but a friend of mine that
> does states the someone cleaning up the derailment
> says that propane tanks were placed on the bridge
> and when the train hit them they exploded causing
> the bridge to catch fire so far alcross yet not
> tank cars around. Also said it was the night of a
> protest. Haven't heard anything on the news but
> would sure like to find out. Of course also said
> place is crawling with feds.
>
> Posted from Android
Not buying it.
Not just because it's not being reported, but it does not fit the witness descriptions. They said all was normal, then the train sounds got louder sounding much like rolling thunder (off the rails), then the bridge came down, then the fire started at the bridge collapse which quickly spread across the bridge.
I can understand people thinking that during these times, but this looks to be a rumor only.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0375 seconds