Home Open Account Help 340 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Odd pairings of DMVW cowl locomotives

Date: 08/01/20 14:22
Odd pairings of DMVW cowl locomotives
Author: bmarti7

My weekend trips to Sam's Club always require passing the DMVW yard and shops to see what's on display. It will not be as good as "Ohiorailfan's" recent coverage of the Max Turn. However today's "pairings" are somewhat unusual. In the yard, the 5439 (former CN SD50F), and facing west, was parked along side of the 5544 (former CN SD60F), facing east. On the shop leads, the 5500 (also a former CB SD60F) was hidden by a former CN gondola now with EMRX (Northern Metals recycling) reporting marks. Thanks for looking.

Bismarck Bill

Date: 08/01/20 14:33
Re: Odd pairings of DMVW cowl locomotives
Author: bmarti7

On a personal note, this was my last week on staff of a church here. The staff and elders gave me a wonderful, railroad-themed send-off including many kind notes, some Amtrak gift cards and this beautiful conductor's watch. I have been truly blessed to be part of this ministry for the past 5.75 years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/20 14:42 by bmarti7.

Date: 08/01/20 14:50
Author: mojaveflyer

Nice photos Bill! Very cool watch....

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 08/01/20 15:59
Author: Ritzville

Nice series Bill! Great looking watch from your church. They knew you well, lol!

Larry

Date: 08/02/20 03:33
Author: rrartist

Sweet images all around and that's a beautiful watch!!! Thanks for sharing! I'm praying you land where the Lord intends like maybe Wisconsin!? :)

Date: 08/02/20 19:57
Author: SCKP187

Nice photos and congrats on the beautiful timepiece.
Brian Stevens

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0479 seconds