Home Open Account Help 346 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Hot afternoon but not Hot Rail

Date: 08/06/20 07:55
Hot afternoon but not Hot Rail
Author: Roadrailer

This past Friday I departed the Tri-Cities, WA for Bend, OR. 
I typically will take Hwy 14 along the BNSF in hops of either crossing g paths or chasing a train all the way to Maryhill before crossing into Oregon. 
As I came around the corner near Whitcomb siding I found a Tie Gang working the Main in the triple-digit weather. So much for seeing traffic today...

Continuing West I pass a loaded Hallcon shuttle then a manifest in the hole at McCredie. Meh, not worth stopping until I see the power in the mirror! A quick U-Turn and down to the crossing to shoot the three 1990's era EMDs. BNSF 253/255/1419

Back on the road, and into the somewhat air-conditioned truck and westbound again. Coming into Roosevelt I knew I'd find something there, and fortunately it was the oddball 563 again with more EMDs, one still in Cascade Green. BNSF 562/279/1469

Nothing else was seen in WA for the rest of the trip. 

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/06/20 08:08
Re: Hot afternoon but not Hot Rail
Author: Roadrailer

Crossing over into Oregon and southbound on Hwy 97, one could hope to see something on the Occasional Train Sub. 

No luck today really except for the NB that just tied down at Deschutes (again watch d the loaded Hallcon Suburban departing). 

I then caught the glimpse of what I assume another NB this time at the Bend Depot. 

One thing I did go looking for while down in Madras was the BN Box-er, the Beth-All Purpose plugdoor-hopper car. It appears to have a BN MoW number (951885?) and it's not the same the as the 800000-800005 experimental cars. 

Other than the model trains I saw running at the club layout over the rest of the weekend, I saw nothing moving on the rails (that may have to be a separate post). Oh Well. 

Thanks for looking

Richard in Richland. 

Date: 08/06/20 09:16
Author: ntharalson

Good catch on the 563.  It has to be about the last of that model running on the BNSF.  

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/20 18:47 by ntharalson.

Date: 08/06/20 10:59
Author: Ritzville

Nice interesting series! Nice to see the older power.

Larry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0607 seconds