Home Open Account Help 242 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF invades the KP

Date: 08/13/20 18:36
BNSF invades the KP
Author: santafe199

Alphabet-soup, anyone??? I got another timely text message, and several billion more pixels got burned. It was worthwhile, though. An offspring engine -BNSF-, descended from my first-love RR -ATSF- was solo power for a train being run by my once fierce arch-rival -UP- running over my hometown rails -KP-. Photo mission accomplished:

1. I went as far east as I dared to intercept this empty military flat train destined for Ft Riley, KS. I chose Silver Lake, KS because I didn’t want to risk zigging east through Topeka while the train was zagging west, out of my sight. Good choice, because I waited at Silver Lake only about 40” for BNSF 6860 to show. Best laid plans went awry however, when Mr Cloud crashed the party…

2. Here’s the 6860 rolling over the east siding switch at Wamego, KS.

3. I got back to Manhattan (KS) and right into a wall of rush hour traffic. I had planned to set up for a shot with the concrete plant down at 4th St for a background landmark. But knowing the train was merely minutes behind me, I chickened out and worked up this shot at the west end of Uncle Pete’s little yard.
(3 photos taken August 13, 2020)

Thanks for the tip!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

count-down to norman ah bates

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/20 18:38 by santafe199.

Date: 08/14/20 17:59
Re: BNSF invades the KP
Author: PasadenaSub

Neat group of photos of the interloper on the KP.  I've found that shooting a single loco leading a baretable does tend to appear a bit like a floating 2-dimensional locomotive 'face' leading those low cars when using zoom lens.

Rich

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0484 seconds