Home Open Account Help 291 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Switching out Waste Management plant at Belfair WA on the PSAP

Date: 09/12/20 12:11
Switching out Waste Management plant at Belfair WA on the PSAP
Author: Super-C

#1 UP  #2757 getting ready to leave the waste management plant at Belfair WA on the Puget Sound and Pacific line with unit trash train headed for Arlington Ore. 
      The unit train with UP power comes up on Monday and goes back to Arlington Ore on Tuesday. It also runs with DPUs on it.Date June 2020

#2  PSAP  #3058  switching out the waste management plant and the CHS propane plant. the PSAP  power is used the other 3 days of the week.and the power 
      lash ups and units vary.

photos by Chris Marshall

Date: 09/12/20 14:10
Re: Switching out Waste Management plant at Belfair WA on the PS
Author: mapboy

Super-C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...The unit train with UP power comes up on
> Monday and goes back to Arlington Ore on Tuesday.
> It also runs with DPUs on it. Date June 2020
       > photos by Chris Marshall

It's OGLPS/OPSGL on UP.  The OGLPS (GL=Gilliam,OR, operated by WATCO, on the steep spur south of Arlington to PS=PSAP RR) goes by the Chehalis, WA, webcam on Saturdays (Friday origin date) between 0145 and 0830 with 2x2 power.  So it takes till Monday to get to Belfair/Bremerton.  The OPSGL with 70-100 loads goes by on Wednesdays (Tuesday origin date) between 0100 and 0530, also 2x2.

mapboy

Date: 09/12/20 14:47
Author: Super-C

They pick up the trash train and take it to Bayshore yard just north of Shelton WA on Saturday normally and break it in half and and reassemble it on Monday and take up to Belfair WA to do there switching. kind of cool  local. train. # for the PSAP when they are switching is train # 601.  They also take cars to Banger and to PSNS ship yards. Thank you for your info .  Chris 

Date: 09/12/20 21:47
Author: SooGuy64

Power is always AC in the form of of ES44AH, SD70AH or ES44AC, needed to get the loads over Maxwell Hill by McCleary.  The number of loads has increased over the last 6 months for some reason.  Used to be able to see both sets of power parked at the Bayshore Yard but with more cars they're out at the other end of the yard.  Would need a drone to catch those.  They have a crew change in Shelton and leave about 4:30 PM on Monday (sometimes Tuesday), schedule seems pretty flexible.  Caught this C44ACM  last Monday as 1 of the DPU's. 

Date: 09/12/20 21:52
Author: mapboy

Thanks for filling in the PSAP details!

mapboy

Date: 09/25/20 14:20
Author: westcascaderail

Hello all, 
My name is Nathaniel, and I am new to trainorders. Some of you might have met me catching the PSAP around belfair this summer. I have caught a number of trains from kilamache to belfair, but none north of belfair. That is why I am here. I am aware that the UP comes up on monday and goes back down on tuesday, and that the PSAP runs their manifest on wensday, switches WM and any other facitites that need it. I am not aware, however of the plan for thursdays, fridays and the weekend. Where and what do they service on on those days? I know that they bring scrap metal out of bangor, is there a specific day for this? I have also heard rumors about a "white train" but those are probably few and far in between. A bucket list item for me is catching a train along the sound going into the bremerton naval base, but I am aware that they go to bremerton as needed. I would just like genral info on the above points, if you have any info, I will gladly take all of it i can get! If there are any forums or discussion feeds related to the PSAP, for instance people posting pictures when they see them running besides this one, please let me know. Thanks! 

-Nathaniel Nagel 

PS: (sorry if i am typing this in the wrong place, if I am, please tell me.) 

My Railfanning Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ9BLPXTEpi785ppPX7yLuQ

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0394 seconds