Home Open Account Help 336 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > NKCR at Alma Nebraska

Date: 09/14/20 18:36
NKCR at Alma Nebraska
Author: thegoonshow

Went through Alma Nebraska today and seen that the tracks were reconnected at the Highway 183 crossing and there were hopper cars at the elevator. 

What changed to have NKCR run a short-line railroad again there.

Date: 09/14/20 18:57
Re: NKCR at Alma Nebraska
Author: callum_out

That would be a miracle, or shipper and political pressure. I don't knoe how they get awat with not running to St. Francis,
the state paid to rehab that trackage to protect the smaller shippers. The elevator at Alma was shipping right up to the end
of serice at which time NKCR stuffed a 1oo empty coal hoppers on the line.

Out 

Date: 09/14/20 19:33
Author: mike4023

The first train to Alma was back in July.  CHS grain put the deal together with NKC to bring service back to Alma.

Mike

Date: 09/14/20 19:44

Good to hear, the only thing running out there has been car storage.

Out 

Date: 09/14/20 20:15
Author: thegoonshow

Can this be extended to other places like CPI in Franklin, or is this deal only to Alma?

I am surprised that NKCR didn't open this back up earlier, there are so many more miles of track back open that can store cars.

Date: 09/14/20 21:25

I've got shots of a 110 car shuttle train off that line, but hey what do I know about shortline management.

Out 

Date: 09/15/20 03:49
Author: cvrhoghead

there was a someone wanting to buy the Ks lines, but Omnitrax pulled it off the table-------after 8 months of talking, and agreeing to a price.  Last I heard, they might go to Franklin, but have no plans on going back to Saint Frances.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0336 seconds