Home Open Account Help 284 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > On the road again . . .

Date: 09/15/20 18:34
On the road again . . .
Author: 3rdswitch

.   .   .   a few, very few, along the KCS south of Joplin, MO, today on a leisurely drive to Shreveport....
top: Northbound grain empty, Sulpher Springs, AR.
middle: Thought I heard the Ft Smith "dodger" coming off the branch so stacked out a spot at Howe, OK, guessing correctly, as he came south with a lengthy train of about fifty cars.
bottom: He had to pull up to the north fuel rack and sit and wait until an M train on the south end of the yard finished switching and pulled south far enough for him to ender Heavener yard.
.   .   .  three more   .   .   .

Date: 09/15/20 18:34
Re: On the road again . . .
Author: 3rdswitch

.   .   . 
top: the M train making multiple moves on the south end of Heavener yard.
middle: caught up to a ninety six car grain train making eleven mph up the Rich Mountain grade just north of Rich Mountain siding.
bottom: once over the top, caught him again descending into Mena, AR.
JB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/20 18:37 by 3rdswitch.

Date: 09/15/20 22:10
Author: E25

You definitely "get around."

'Nice selection of locations.

Greg Stadter
Phoenix, AZ

Date: 09/16/20 05:16
Author: briancdn

Very nice photos. That KCS scheme is nice when new or washed, but like all roads, road power rarely gets washed. And again common, but I'm surprised they don't put the road name above the handrails where the name could be read easily. But again, the regular non railfan could care less.

I had a chance to see some of this power in KC a few years ago and was very impressed.

Brian N.

Date: 09/16/20 15:51
Author: bobk

Nice shots!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0399 seconds