Home Open Account Help 277 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Picasa do-over (vol #1): Calhoun Bluffs ca '11

Date: 09/25/20 12:49
Picasa do-over (vol #1): Calhoun Bluffs ca '11
Author: santafe199

While busy with the ceaseless chore of ID’ing, filing & cross-referencing, not to mention surfing a large & ever-expanding digital image library I keep stubbing my toe on some pretty embarrassing images. They’re usually always from my very early and downright gawd-awful attempts at photo-editing. In a weak attempt at self-defense I’ll put forth the fact the I only had Picasa to work. And I knew a grand total of nothing about photo-editing when I first started playing with it.

Nine years later, with the annexation of a generous Photoshop Christmas present I’d like to think I’ve learned to produce a much more palatable product. And the higher quality comes from a combination of tail-wagging-the-dog instruction from a now 20-something young fan, plus a fair amount self-taught of trial & error experience. (HEAVY on the word error!)

So I’ve started yet another series. This time I get to re-torture all of my TO friends & contacts with those same awful images. Of course, you’ll also get the new & improved version.

1. UP 5814 is eastbound with loaded coal buckets at the Calhoun Bluff Terrace Rd crossing NE of Topeka, KS. Here’s a link to the original thread: ( https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,2504018,2504018#msg-2504018 ).
Photo date: June 30, 2011.

Thanks for looking again!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

count-down to norman ah bates

Date: 09/25/20 14:16
Re: Picasa do-over (vol #1): Calhoun Bluffs ca '11
Author: 3rdswitch

Night and day. Good job.
JB

Date: 09/26/20 10:35
Re: Picasa do-over (vol #1): Calhoun Bluffs ca '11
Author: koloradokid

Where's my sun glasses????  One eztreme to the other.

Robert

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0587 seconds