Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > PSAP thursday and friday?

Date: 10/09/20 08:51
PSAP thursday and friday?
Author: westcascaderail

Hello all, 
My name is Nathaniel, and I am new to trainorders. Some of you might have met me catching the PSAP around belfair this summer. I have caught a number of trains from Kamilche to belfair, but none north of belfair. That is why I am here. I am aware that the UP comes up on monday and goes back down on tuesday, and that the PSAP runs their manifest on wensday, switches WM and any other facitites that need it. I am not aware, however of the plan for thursdays, fridays and the weekend. Where and what do they service on on those days? I know that they bring scrap metal out of bangor, is there a specific day for this? I have also heard rumors about a "white train" but those are probably few and far in between. A bucket list item for me is catching a train along the sound going into the bremerton naval base, but I am aware that they go to bremerton as needed. I would just like genral info on the above points, if you have any info, I will gladly take all of it i can get! If there are any forums or discussion feeds related to the PSAP, for instance people posting pictures when they see them running besides this one, please let me know. Thanks! 

-Nathaniel Nagel 

My Railfanning Youtube Channel: 

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/20 11:45 by westcascaderail.

Date: 10/09/20 09:44
Re: PSAP thursday and friday?
Author: radar

A minor correction:  it's Kamilche, not kilamache.

Date: 10/09/20 20:48
Author: SooGuy64

The UP Unit Garbage Train comes up on Friday, although lately on Saturday, with a fresh load of empties.  Lately that consist is 104 cars with a mixture of AC or ACH power, 2x2.  The heavy power is needed since PSAP doesn't have anything  strong enough to pull all that tonnage around.  What they do the following days I'm not sure, I think they take a fresh load to Belfair and come back to the Johns Prairie marshalling yard with the loads.  Anyway I'm not sure they shuttle those to the Centrailia Yard or do something else.  It used to be they left Shelton about 4:30 PM on Monday after a crew change but lately it's been Tuesdays.  I don't have a scanner to follow traffic but it might be interesting to follow that.

Date: 10/09/20 21:07
Author: atsfm177

The scrap comes out of Bremerton, not Bangor.  We don't speak of the White Train, but it is a thing of the past.

There are other military loads to/from both Bangor & Bremerton, but those are infrequent and unannounced.

Greg Ramsey
Las Vegas, NV

Date: 10/09/20 21:49
Author: PHall

The "White Trains" went away decades ago.

Date: 10/10/20 00:32

The scrap coming out of PSNS is mostly recycled submarines.

Date: 10/10/20 06:23
Author: jst3751

westcascaderail Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello all, 
> My name is Nathaniel, and I am new to trainorders.
> Some of you might have met me catching the PSAP
> around belfair this summer.

Welcome.

Maybe start by explaining what PSAP is.

Date: 10/10/20 11:34

PSAP is Puget Sound And Pacific, a short line that is former Northern Pacific trackage.  It serves the southern part of the Washington Olympic Peninsula with it's major customers being the Port Of Grays Harbor, the Sierra Pacific lumber mill in Shelton, the Waste Management transfer station in Belfair and Naval Base Kitsap.

Date: 10/10/20 13:18
Author: bbcc

SooGuy, I dont know the exact answer to your question, but do you have any idea on operations west of Elma towards Aberdeen? Does the PSAP run (manifest) traffic out that way every week? Days/times? i know there are bnsf unit grain trains but im more wondering about psap manifest trains that go most or all the way out to Aberdeen etc.

Date: 10/16/20 13:45
Author: westcascaderail

The BN and UP run grainers through there, i think theres one every day.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0588 seconds