Home Open Account Help 342 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > They're Gone

Date: 10/10/20 09:27
They're Gone
Author: ntharalson

Friday, October 10th, I took a day trip to the former Santa Fe in Northeast Missouri.  As many of you know, and has also been documented, there were two sets of searchlight signals still in place at the start of this year, 342 west of Bucklin and the East Marceline approach signal.  They are now gone, replaced by the ubiquitous hooded tri-lights, or "Darth Vader's" if you prefer.  I don't know when this was done, but they are history now.  However, the signal bridges remain standing.  Since the replacement signals are on line side poles, I would expect the signal bridges to be removed sometime in the next year.  (They were full bridges.)  This will leave the signal bridge at Hart, MP336, as the last Santa Fe signal bridge left in northeast Missouri.  The searchlight signals on this bridge were replaced, probably due to a failure, about the time of the BNSF merger.  Any additional information or correction would be welcomed.  

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/20 08:09 by ntharalson.

Date: 10/10/20 12:51
Re: They're Gone
Author: SantaFeCF7

It’s been recently. They were there this summer, I just don’t remember the exact last date I remember seeing them. I think I drove over to Bucklin in late August or early September? If you’re still in the area, there are a ton of fallen flag cars currently in the Marceline yards!

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0284 seconds