Home Open Account Help 319 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Fall colors in Low Light

Date: 10/15/20 18:15
Fall colors in Low Light
Author: santafe199

I’m not having much luck finding any fall colors this year. It’s probably a combination of looking too soon, and not looking far enough north. So I took a look at my Don Winslow-inspired “Low Light” file. And I found some reserve fall color from 7 years ago. This will have to make do until I can go back out snooping around. Maybe tomorrow…

1. BNSF 1044 is eastbound with the usual stacks at the Lyon County “Rd F” crossing just west of the Merrick crossover plant on the west side of Emporia, KS. It’s 8:12 AM on November 1, 2013.

I have seen the (low) light…*
Lance Garrels
santafe199

*…turns out it’s just another train :^)

Date: 10/15/20 19:31
Re: Fall colors in Low Light
Author: Ritzville

The low light really brings out Fall colors!

Larry

Date: 10/15/20 20:40
Author: DynamicBrake

Nice one Lance.  Thanks for sharing some glint.

Kent in CArmel Valley

Date: 10/15/20 21:52
Author: ironmtn

That's a real beauty, Lance. So neat to see three tracks along with the autumnal color. Not too many places around where you can do that. The glint and the line of the cloud in the sky adds another dimension. And catching color just starting to glow on the tips of the branches is really neat.

I love early morning images for their sense of anticipation for the day ahead, and this really is an evocative one. Thanks much for posting it.

MC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/20 21:54 by ironmtn.

Date: 10/16/20 02:19
Author: Contax645

This is most excellent Lance!

Gary R Clark
Griffith, Indiana

Date: 10/16/20 08:53
Author: santafe199

Thanks gang!!! But I got lotsa help from Mother Nature on one hand hand and the digital photo-editiing design boys on the other... :^)

Lance/199

Date: 10/16/20 14:27
Author: texchief1

Like it Lance!

RC Lundgren

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.036 seconds