Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > October Offerings Thus Far

Date: 10/16/20 05:31
October Offerings Thus Far
Author: CNW8531

CP #475 running north through the Lyons district of Clinton with six units, and the right one on the point for a change!

UP MPRNP westbound at Camanche. I wish one of those standard cab units would have led. Next time perhaps.

CP southbound near Princeton, Iowa with an all too typical consist.  But hey, at least it was sunny out.

Date: 10/16/20 05:35
Re: October Offerings Thus Far

The BNSF local with a pair of GP50's getting they're train ready to go south from Clinton.  

Same train after leaving town and heading for the Quad Cities later in the afternoon.

Date: 10/16/20 05:41

CP northbound going through Clinton, Iowa with heritage unit #7010 leading.

A one on the point (another back in the train not shown) consist going north through Camanche. This is getting more common through here and I don't like it.

The rear end of the same train.  These cars are brand new and not yet griffitied, figured I'd better take a shot.

Date: 10/16/20 05:47

There were no more trains running this day so I shot the Camanche Depot Muesum as they finally got it repainted after years of neglect.

A barge is making it's way up the Mississippi to close out the day. This is from the library right behind the depot muesum. That's all folks!

Date: 10/16/20 10:38
Author: ntharalson

Good stuff, Angus, thanks for posting.  About that BNSF local, was the second GP50 ex-BN or Santa Fe?  Just curious.  And don't hold your breath on standard cabs leading on the UP anytime soon if they aren't a local or transfer.  

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Date: 10/16/20 12:30

ntharalson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good stuff, Angus, thanks for posting.  About
> that BNSF local, was the second GP50 ex-BN or
> Santa Fe?  Just curious.  And don't hold your
> breath on standard cabs leading on the UP anytime
> soon if they aren't a local or transfer.  
>
> Nick Tharalson,
> Marion, IA

#3147 is ex BN by the same number, #3196 is former SF, don't know the previous number.  And no, I'm not holding my breath for a UP standard cab leading, but I can still dream at least!

Date: 10/16/20 14:15
Author: SP8595

Nice series! Like the local shot with the Fall colors and also really enjoyed the last two pictures as well:}

Date: 10/16/20 14:25
Author: texchief1

Nice shots!

RC Lundgren
Elgin, TX

Date: 10/16/20 18:34
Author: SCKP187

Nice shots.
Brian Stevens

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0377 seconds